Join the Community
Boulder Fiber Fest 2019
June 11, 2019The Boulder Public Library, BLDG 61, and Schacht Spindle Company have teamed up for a fabulous Fiber Fest on August 10, 2019. You’re warmly invited to this exciting day of fiber art explorations in the Boulder community.
Fiber Fest will be held at the Boulder Public Main Library located at 1001 Arapahoe Ave. Activities will take place outside, north of the Boulder Creek in the Civic Area, inside in the Canyon Gallery, and the BLDG 61 makerspace.
The event will start with a drop spindle flash mob at 9:30 am—bring your spindle and help build the crowd for maximum effect.
From 10 am to 2 pm, people of all ages can explore textiles and fiber arts.
- Weaving fun! Watch demonstrations or try weaving yourself. We’ll have several different looms for you to play with.
- Weave a small wall hanging of paper and thread, and take it home with you.
- See how yarn is made on a spinning wheel and a drop spindle. You can try spinning, too, on our selection of drop spindles, spinning sticks and wheels.
- Learn how to crochet, knit, or make a pompom—or all three!
- Create a resist design on fabric and discover the magic of indigo dyeing.
- Watch a documentary about weaving traditions and weavers in Oaxaca, Mexico in “Woven Lives”.
Bring the whole family and weave your way into the fiber arts!
For more information: https://calendar.boulderlibrary.org/event/5293890
If you would like to volunteer: https://countmein.bouldercolorado.gov/d/library