DescriptionThe second course in our Two Heddle series with Jane Patrick.
All the yarn for the Doubleweave Tool Holder you’ll make in the class:
- Pre-wound warp (68″ long 9″ wide) of 3/2 perle cotton
- 1 skein of Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport, Grey Heather
- 1 skein of Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport, Ash
- 1 mini cake (16 yards) of Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport, Charcoal
Starts on June 17, 2021—hosted on our new learning platform.
Weave two layers at once, with two heddles, on your rigid heddle loom. Form separate layers, tubes, or doublewidth fabric using doubleweave techniques. Jane's hanging tool holder lets you practice them all!
What you'll learn:
- Theory of doubleweave
- Three doubleweave techniques
- Saving pick-up patterns with a heddle rod
What you'll need:
- Flip rigid heddle loom with two 8-dent heddles—Jane weaves an 8" wide project on a 15" Flip
- heddle hook (included with loom)
- tapestry needle
- two 12" stick shuttles—if your Flip came with longer shuttles, get this size (just slightly wider than the project)
- four 20" Schacht Beefy pick-up sticks
- optional: one 12" Schacht Petite pick-up stick
- heddle rod: Jane uses the third apron bar that's included with the Flip; you can substitute a 3/16" dowel, at least 10" long
- heddles: use our 8-5/8" Texsolv heddles or make your own string heddles